To further procrastinate, I decided to make this no bake recipe, courtesy of Brown Eyed Baker’s blog, which she adapted from Picky Palate. This is for those of you who have an obsession with all things peanut butter and chocolate, so…..everyone. It couldn’t be easier and only takes about 20 minutes of prep then just pop it in the fridge.
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispy Treats:
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 bag (10.5-oz) miniature marshmallows
¼ cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 bag (12-oz) miniature peanut butter cups (about 40), quartered
1 cup milk chocolate chips (or 6 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped)
1. Butter a 9×13-inch pan and set aside. I lined the pan with wax paper for easy clean-up.
2. Measure the cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Melt the marshmallows and butter together in the microwave for about 3 minutes. Keep an eye on them so you catch the little suckers that try and spill over.
4. Stir the mixture and pour over the cereal. Mix well so the cereal is coated. Pour into the prepared pan. Use a buttered piece of wax paper to press evenly into pan.
5. In the microwave, melt the peanut butter until thin, about 1 minute. Gently stir in the quartered peanut butter cups. Pour mixture over the rice krispys. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread the peanut butter mixture evenly across the top.
6. Again in the microwave, melt the chocolate. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate across the top. Lightly spread chocolate so it covers the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container.